Announcements for Fall of 2019:
- We are having our Thanksgiving/World Food Sunday this Sunday, October 20th. We are collecting food for the Food Pantry.
- The 2019 Stewardship Letters will be available at the church on Sunday, October 20th.
- In order for your announcements to be included in the email and print announcements, please have them into the office by 4 pm Wednesday. Thank you.
- Consider PAR (Pre-Authorized Remittance). If you wish to give to St. Paul’s United Church by this method or would like more information on it, please call Cora at the church office 204-534-6347.
- Please be reminded to contribute to The Grateful Box as a thank you to God for birthdays, baptisms, anniversaries and other events that occur in our lives. The funds will be used for emergency purposes. This box is in the Vestibule.
- Westview Lodge are asking for volunteers to visit with residents. Please call Jennifer Bell at 534-2455 or Angie Hammond on Thursdays at Westview at 534-2455.
- Boissevain Food Pantry - St. Paul’s United Church is collecting items for the Food Pantry for the month of October and November. Most needed are vegetables (potatoes, carrots, onions, squash, etc.); cereal, pasta, canned fruits and vegetables, non- perishable items, cash donations also accepted.
- Saturday, October 19th 10:00-3:00 – Affirm Workshop at Knox United Church, Brandon. Lunch provided cost: $5.00. Register by Oct. 11- Knox Office 204-727-6975 or email@example.com
- Scriptures for October 20, 2019: Jeremiah 31:27–34; Psalm 119:97–104; 2 Timothy 3:14—4:5; Luke 18:1–8
- Tuesday, October 22nd 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. – Legion Auxiliary Lunch at Legion Hall - Soup, Sandwich, Dessert, and tea or coffee for $10.00
- Prairie to Pine Region presents: Alf 2019 – a Youth Retreat at Trinity United Church, Portage la Prairie, MB October 25-27 Deadline for registration is Oct. 14th Cost: $90 for return participants and $80 for first time at ALF. See more information at the back of the sanctuary.
- Walk with Us – Sunday, October 27th at 2:30 p.m. at Central United Church Guest Speaker: Rev. Rolanda Taylor Everyone is invited to come and hear Rolanda’s story as a minister in the United Church of Canada.
- Wednesday, October 30th 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. Rivers United Church – Scary Times? Shall we hide in our fear? or… Practise our Faith? Calling all Saints!! Let’s gather & consider our options! Bring your own mug and a Bag Lunch! For more info, please contact Barb Jardine 204-354-2248, Dianne Kowalchuk 204-328-7640 or Darlynne Smith 204-728-7713.
- Did you know….if you are making a donation to Boissevain Morton Foundation in memory or honour of someone, you can ask for your donation to be added to St. Paul's United Church Fund. This will help grow our fund in the Boissevain Morton Foundation. All receipts are issued by the Foundation.
- These Days Daily Devotions for Living by Faith (October/November/December issue) and Mandate Magazine – “A practical guide to speaking about Mission and Service” is available on the table at the back of the Sanctuary.
- Pastoral Care Team has established a Prayer Circle. If there is a prayer request, please contact Ann Kempthorne at (h) 204-534-6061/cell 204-305-0899 or Judy McRuer (h)204-534-2284/cell 204-534-0935. If you cannot reach Ann or Judy, please call any member of the Pastoral Care Team. All prayer requests will be kept strictly confidential
Snazzy Seconds Thrift Shop Hours
Monday to Friday 1:30-4:00 p.m.; Wednesday 7:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.; Saturday, Sunday and Statutory Holidays– Closed
Every Wednesday at 7:30 p.m. AA (Alcoholics Anonymous) group meet at the church: – Please Use North door