Announcements for Spring of 2020:
- IMPORTANT NEWS: The church buildings are closed until further notice in accordance with the Manitoba Government. Churches are in the category of Non-essential Businesses.
- Finance and Property thank you for your continued support! Thank you to those members who are on PAR and other members have been mailing in donations as open services are not possible at this time. Rev. Taylor continues to provide weekly services and spiritual support. Brenda and Murray will be in the church building working minimum hours. We urge you consider additional donations at this time to help defray the costs of operating the church.
- The All Teams Meeting was on Thursday, May 28th by telephone conference call. Details to Follow.
- Please note: Due to the Coronavirus, we are taking precautions and cancelling worship services until further notice. Rev. Taylor is working from home.
- Those who are not on PAR (Pre-Authorized Remittance), please mail your offering to the church office at St. Paul’s United Church, Box 309, Boissevain, MB R0K 0E0. Thank you!
- Please Consider PAR (Pre-Authorized Remittance). If you wish to give to St. Paul’s United Church by this method or would like more information on it, please call Cora at the church office 204-534-6347. Telephone Messages to the church office are being monitored remotely.
- **Please be reminded to contribute to The Grateful Box as a thank you to God for birthdays, baptisms, anniversaries and other events that occur in our lives. The funds will be used for emergency purposes. At a time such as this, the Boissevain Food Pantry is in need of food items. Due to the Coronavirus, the Boissevain Food Pantry is only accepting cash or cheques made out to the Boissevain Food Pantry in order that the volunteers can buy food.
- Community Prayers at 9 a.m. every morning. The Community Prayers are our own individual prayers to pray for our health providers, leaders, pharmacists, workers in stores, and everyone in our community and praying for each other as we maintain our faith that the health professionals will find the solution that will end Covid-19. Prayers strengthen us, give us courage and mobilize us by God’s Spirit wherever we are, and when we are not in the church building. As people of faith, we are the church, and prayers remind us that God’s love and caring is with us all.
- Worship Services, Scripture with Reflection, and Easter Bible Study are being sent online, and worship bulletins are being delivered to those without internet.
- Snazzy Seconds Thrift Store - We are planning to open Snazzy Seconds during the week of June 1st. Snazzy Seconds will open the week of June 1. The store will be open Monday, Tuesday Wednesday and Friday. The store will not be open on Thursdays at this time. Our hours will depend on our volunteer base. There will be restrictions - only 4 shoppers in the store at once, sanitizer station for use on entering and exiting. Our washroom/ change room will not be available. We are again receiving donations in our bins. Please remember -no sports equipment or electronics.
- St. Paul’s Spring Supper was CANCELLED due to the corona virus outbreak. A Fall supper date MAY be considered if a suitable date is available and the corona virus is no longer a deterrent.
- Please Note: The Annual Prairie to Pine Regional Meeting that was supposed to have been from May 28th to May 30th 2020 has been postponed until the Fall of 2020. The Executive took this difficult decision in light of the COVID-19 pandemic and the related closure of our venue in Steinbach. The Prairie to Pine Executive has set the dates for an electronic Annual Meeting: Wednesday, Sept. 30 and Wednesday, Oct. 7, (evenings only). This will be a 2-part electronic meeting, with both video and phone connections available. The details are still being worked out, and more information will be posted later. All voting members of Prairie to Pine Region are asked to save the dates. Please see the website for more details
- Boissevain Morton Whitewater Grow Project from Audrey Paschke: Greetings from the local Boissevain Morton Whitewater grow project! The pandemic has certainly changed many things for us personally, as a community and globally as well. One thing that has become more of a problem is global hunger. The bmwgrowproject has been diligently planting and harvesting every year for the past 20+ years. The money from the harvest sold is used to combat hunger in third world countries. Our local Jill Martens and Ryan Martens followed this trail a few years ago to see firsthand how this money is used. Their incredible story is something you should ask them about! The Canadian Foodgrains Bank is a Christian response to hunger. (We know there are many other great organizations out there as well but THIS one is in our backyard!) Praise the Lord for his goodness and that we are able to do this for a greater good and our fellow man/woman. As many of you already know, the bmwgrowproject is only made possible by donations (monetary, equipment, etc.) and volunteers. We usually have a fundraiser evening and had recently added a Combine Pull to raise awareness and funds but the current pandemic has put those events on hold leaving the committee with a challenge to raise funds in other ways. We have advertised on social media platforms (Follow us! Twitter, Instagram & Facebook all under the same tag @bmwgrowproject) and the Boissevain Recorder. A case of Patent5 hand sanitizer has been donated to our cause and we are giving them away to the first 40 people who sponsor a minimum of 1 acre. ($100 per acre) Please text or call 204-305-0775 to secure your spot in the first 40!
- Or if you’d like to make a donation and bypass this promotion, please mail cheque’s (made out to bmw grow project) to:
BMW Grow Project
Thank you in advance! Follow us on any one of our social media platforms to stay informed on the progress of the field! Also if you’re interested or able in volunteering your time and/or equipment for the project, please contact any one on the committee!
May God bless you!
- Pastoral Care Team has established a Prayer Circle. If there is a prayer request, please contact Judy McRuer (h)204-534-2284/cell 204-534-0935. All prayer requests will be kept strictly confidential
The Boissevain Community Gay Straight Alliance (GSA) provides a safe, confidential place for the LGBT community, parents, families and allies to meet and support each other. For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Snazzy Seconds Thrift Shop Hours
- Snazzy Seconds Thrift Store - Snazzy Seconds will open the week of June 1. The store will be open Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday. The store will not be open on Thursdays at this time. Our hours will depend on our volunteer base. There will be restrictions - only 4 shoppers in the store at once, sanitizer station for use on entering and exiting. Our washroom/change room will not be available. We are again receiving donations in our bins. Please remember -no sports equipment or electronics.
Due to the Coronavirus, the (Alcoholics Anonymous) will not be meeting at the church.
There will be a posting when the meeting will resume.
There will be a posting when the meeting will resume.