Announcements for Spring of 2020:
- Community Prayers at 9 a.m. every morning. The Community Prayers are our own individual prayers to pray for our health providers, leaders, our community and praying for each other as we maintain our faith that the health professionals will find the solution that will end Covid-19. Prayers strengthen us, give us courage and mobilize us by God’s Spirit wherever we are, and when we are not in the church building. As people of faith, we are the church, and prayers remind us that God’s love and caring is with us all. Reminders about the prayers will be sent to you.
- Please note the following announcement concerning worship services for St. Paul’s United Church. Due to the Coronavirus, we are taking precautions and cancelling worship services from Sunday, March 15th to Sunday, April 5th and we will evaluate the situation and keep you updated.
- Worship Services, Scripture with Reflection, and Lenten Bible Study are being sent online.
- Snazzy Seconds Thrift Store is closed until further notice.
- St. Paul’s Spring Supper in April has been CANCELLED due to the corona virus outbreak. A fall supper date MAY be considered if a suitable date is available and the corona virus is no longer a deterrent.
- In order for your announcements to be included in the email and print announcements, please have them into the office by 4 pm Wednesday. Thank you.
- Consider PAR (Pre-Authorized Remittance). If you wish to give to St. Paul’s United Church by this method or would like more information on it, please call Cora at the church office 204-534-6347.
- Please be reminded to contribute to The Grateful Box as a thank you to God for birthdays, baptisms, anniversaries and other events that occur in our lives. The funds will be used for emergency purposes. This box is in the Vestibule.
- Scriptures for March 29, 2020
Psalm 130 (VU pp. 852–853) Out of the depths I cry to God.
Romans 8:6–11 The Spirit is life, not death.
John 11:1–45 The raising of Lazarus.
- The United Church of Canada Mandate magazine (Winter 2020) is available on the table at the back of the church.
- St. Paul's United Church is collecting used stamps again.
- Summer Jobs available at Rock Lake United Church Camp –a list is available on the table at the back of the church.
- Welch Block is a heritage building located downtown Boissevain that is in dire need of major repairs and renovations. We are fundraising using Vesey's Seeds and Make It Sow in order to be able to restore the building to as close to the original historical building as possible. This building is not only our home and business, but a part of our community. We believe it is important to honour those who have gone before as well as let future generations know the history this town and building has! We love being able to invest in our community, home and heritage. Catalogues can be found at Sunrise Credit Union in Boissevain, Turtle Mountain Physiotherapy or by contacting Jeremy Doerksen 204-305-0930 or Jenni Museka 204-215-0332, email email@example.com Orders and payments are due by April 3. We thank you for your support!
- International Peace Garden Seeking: Worker Bees – Join the International Peace Garden’s Worker Bees and make a difference in your community. Many opportunities for individuals and groups of all ages and abilities to do gardening, support staffing, maintenance, tours, & more! Volunteer Events: May 16, 2020 – Volunteer Work Day; June 1, 2020 – Volunteer Planting Day. Worker Bee Benefits: Volunteer more than 6 hours with the Worker Bees and receive benefits all year long including: 50% off annual membership, discounted event rates, volunteer picnic invite, and a free t-shirt. Find more info: www.peacegarden.com FB: @internationalpeacegarden email: firstname.lastname@example.org (204) 534-2510
- Did you know….if you are making a donation to Boissevain Morton Foundation in memory or honour of someone, you can ask for your donation to be added to St. Paul's United Church Fund. This will help grow our fund in the Boissevain Morton Foundation. All receipts are issued by the Foundation.
- Pastoral Care Team has established a Prayer Circle. If there is a prayer request, please contact Judy McRuer (h)204-534-2284/cell 204-534-0935. If you cannot reach Judy, please call any member of the Pastoral Care Team. All prayer requests will be kept strictly confidential
The Boissevain Community Gay Straight Alliance (GSA) provides a safe, confidential place for the LGBT community, parents, families and allies to meet and support each other. For more information please contact email@example.com
Snazzy Seconds Thrift Shop Hours
Monday to Friday 1:30-4:00 p.m.; Wednesday 7:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.; Saturday, Sunday and Statutory Holidays– Closed
Every Wednesday at 7:30 p.m. AA (Alcoholics Anonymous) group meet at the church: – Please Use North door